/* Redirect */

10.01.2009

A Plea to West Elm

Dear West Elm,
Please, please, PLEASE make this rug again. It's the most perfect rug in the history of affordable floor coverings and I keep seeing it in magazines- even now, two years after I bought my own! My clients need them. I need them. Pretty please with a cherry on top?
xo,
Erin

P.S. While your at it, make the big pillows again too. Muchas gracias.

40 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

Agreed.

Sarah Bradley said...

How weird that you posted this. I was seriously thinking I want the brown one for my bedroom.

fric and frac said...

I love this rug too! I bought the green one in 5x7 and returned it to get the 8x10 only to find it was not available! Two years later I am still wishing I kept the smaller one! Let's hope your plea gets thru to them!

meg manion silliker said...

exactly!

paula said...

I know! i shall beg with you.

J said...

Agreed. I still regret not buying it! It's so hard to find affordable rugs like this--there are so many ugly ones out there.

Jenna said...

This is a beautiful rug!

Also, love your blog Erin!

Catherine said...

Swoon! I need this rug.

Sarah said...

I have always liked these! maybe they will hear your plea!

Anonymous said...

This is the closest I could find. They are outdoor rugs, so they would be perfect in a kitchen or boy room :)
http://www.grandinroad.com/jump.jsp?item=24567&maincatcode=null&subcatcode=null&itemID=20179&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C2221%2C5181&iProductID=20179
Good luck!

Domicile Tendencies said...

I have it in gray - love it!

melifaif said...

Too funny. Hope it works, they are fabulous!

Peck Avenue said...

Here, Here! I just saw this somewhere else, too, and was reminded of its awesomeness. I've been looking all over for a similar one, but nothing is as perfect. I NEED one!

Erin said...

Agreed. I need one in orange! They remind me of Imperial Trellis... my current obsession.

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more...awesome rug!

ALSO...PLEASE CB2 BRING BACK THE BLACK AND WHITE MOROCCO RUG. I WAS AN IDIOT FOR NOT BUYING IT WHEN IT WAS $199 (!!!!!!!!) FOR THE 8X10 SIZE.

Thanks Erin, maybe our pleas will work!

Nichole Loiacono said...

I second this sentiment!!! I was thinking about this rug too. They discontinue all the good ones...WHY? I hope they can hear us!!! Bring it back!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!! And how about the Sarian table..... PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

i need one desperately!

Kiley said...

Well said! I've been looking for this rug on ebay and such, but can't find it! Boo!

Arianna Belle said...

I agree!

Anonymous said...

Not sure what happened to my comment.
I found something similar at Grandin Road.com they have an outdoor rug that looks a little like the West elm one.

Anonymous said...

Please add another vote -- and ask them to make it in a pale grey and a pale wheat colour as well as the blue, green, brown and orange. I LOVED this rug and kept hoping for a pale grey -- instead they brought out that dark,almost charcoal grey in a style that is not nearly as nice. Please, please, please!!

Karyn said...

You are so right! This is the perfect rug for my bathroom. I've been looking high and low.

Jessica said...

West Elm does such a good job with its patterned rugs! I don't have this version, but I have a different version that has since sold out. It's upsetting!

Sonia said...

OMG, you literally READ my mind! I had been craving that orange one to put in my foyer for so long and finally had to come to terms with the fact that they were never bringing it back. Hopefully they will listen to you Erin!

Jen said...

Those are nice rugs and pillows! Simple but fun.

~ Jen

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oh wow, I LOVE that pattern!

Caroline said...

Those rugs are so versatile. I hope they bring them back as well.

gates family said...

yes yes! i love that rug too!! my friend has it and i drool over everytime i see it. i need it in blue!

mika78 said...

Oooh, loved that rug. Found this: http://www.shadesoflight.com/soho-dhurri-rug-moroccan-tile-design-4-color-available.html

Closet Full of Nothing said...

Love the knits!

court. said...

Have you seen this? It's close:

http://www.shadesoflight.com/happy-trellis-rug-available-in-3-colors.html

Down Pillow said...

That is a great-looking rug - too bad it's no longer made :(

KatyO! said...

Pottery Barn in Chestnut Hill had one very very similar on clearance yesterday (5x7 size) in orange

Erin said...

I just found one that's similar at Home Decorator's Collection. Comes in 7 colors:

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Eads_Area_Rug/820/

jill rosenwald said...

i design a terrific graphic rug much like this one for surya
http://surya.com/rugs/fallon/fal1000/
it comes in chocolate, steely blue, terra cotta nad more. i also believe the price is quite competitive.
hope you like it
jill

Erin Gates said...

Jill- I was just lining up a post about your rug! I'm so flattered you are a reader! I found the rugs last week on CSN and am hoping to use it in two of my projects I love it so much! :)

Lindsey said...

Seriously! Why do I keep seeing this rug everywhere in photos, yet I never knew it came from West Elm until now?! Thank you. Except that I still can't have it!?!
Please write to them!

just read the comments - what is CSN. Should I know about it?

Kristin@Bouelvard Interior Design said...

Erin, Surya rugs has this one
www.surya.com item FAL-1002. Comes in 5 sizes and 7 colors. If you need one for a client let me know. I have a wholesale acct with them. It is 100 percent wool flat weave.

Kristin@Bouelvard Interior Design said...

Erin, Surya rugs has this one
www.surya.com item FAL-1002. Comes in 5 sizes and 7 colors. If you need one for a client let me know. I have a wholesale acct with them. It is 100 percent wool flat weave.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin