/* Redirect */

9.01.2009

Project Sneak Peek!

Thanks to your survey, I heard loud and clear that you guys want to see more of my work. Seeing as the projects I've completed thus far have been small and not photographed, it's been hard to show what it is I do. But some of my larger jobs are starting to come together and/or finish and so hopefully I'll have lots more to show you. I stopped by one project yesterday and the progress I saw made me SO giddy I just had a show a couple snaps of the work in progress.

This pantry is beyond words. Perfection. I could not be happier with it- from the light blue walls to the herringbone Ann Sacks tile.

This powder room makes me shriek with glee. The Katie Ridder wallpaper and Mini George chandelier in combination with the marble and elegant sink....I want to put an air mattress in here and sleep over. I could not be more pleased with how this came out! (Not: scones still need shades, in case you were wondering) :)


The backsplash came out better than I could have imagined as well- the morroccan window tile in grey-blue was something we pondered over for a while and then went for and MAN did it pay off!!!

A peek into the (unbelievably lovely) grasscloth walled dining room and a tent lantern from Colleen & Co. that makes me smile whenever I see it!

Just WAIT until I can show you the children's rooms.... they are beyond!

67 comments:

Carolyn said...

Really, really pretty. Love the herringbone tile and the moroccan tile...actually, all of it.

Same New Story said...

everything looks so amazing! love the morroccan tiles so much!

Sarah said...

The herringbone tile is fantastic!!! LOVE all of your work in these spaces!

Maria Johns said...

I love them all, such beautiful attention to detail, gorgeous choices...your clients will be blown away!

Grace said...

Perfection! I love it - you are so talented!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Sabra said...

Am eating it all up with a spoon. (Or is it yukky to say that about a bathroom?) You've hit the perfect balance of modern but with a vintage, pre-war elegance. Fab!

(And, have been searching for a sink with legs -- where does one source such a thing?) (Or is that a trade secret?)

Design Esquire said...

Wow! It is all just beautiful. Your clients must be thrilled!

karlene said...

super lovely job, this is fantastic.

Beth said...

Love it! Can't wait to see finished product.

sarah said...

I am seriously dying right now! This is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

The whole project is GREAT, I especially love the back splash--it is definitely a success!

Anonymous said...

SO pretty! Love it all - and especially the Moroccan tile backsplash! Can't wait to see more! :)

Natalie said...

im not a usual commenter, but i do read :)

i love your blog and you do beautiful work! i, too, need to finally get around to photographing all my work. its hard having an interior design blog but not having any pictures of your work to post about :)

keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. Love the tile in the kitchen. Can't wait to see the childrens' rooms.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

OMG, the Moroccan back splash is killer!

Karen said...

This is fantastic. My favorite part is the backsplash in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Drool!! Amazing work!
I love the moroccon tiles!!!

Mary said...

Hurray! Thank you so much for showing us more images of your work, Erin! You are rocking it in every way. I am loving your tile choices. People often play it too safe, but you're really showing how the little details are what truly make a room spectacular. Keep up the good work!

Devon said...

I am really, really impressed with your work! You pull off the traditional classic with an edge. It's really fantastic. Thanks for posting.

Mimi said...

Beautiful! I love the tile selections...You really do great work..so talented. Can't wait to see the children's rooms.

Connor said...

the herringbone tile is aweeeesome.

mb said...

Clever person you!

Angela at Giannetti Home: Design Online said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela at Giannetti Home: Design Online said...

Beautiful! Just stunning. You really are a fabulous talent! I saved those pics to my inspiration file! Please tell, as I was just contemplating the exact light fixture in my sunroom (which has beadboard ceilings and the same grasscloth on the walls!) what is the ceiling height in there?

Great to see your work!

Angela

Erin Gates said...

The process is so much easier when you have a client with PHENOMENAL taste like this one!! :)

Sarah Bradley said...

Really, really beautiful! I love seeing your work, especially where you're doing full houses! :)

Will send you a picture soon of my breakfast nook. Just sold the chairs! :)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Absolutely fabulous, exquisite details, you are very very talented! Yes, please start showing more!
Janell

the gardeners cottage said...

ABSOLUTELY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

janet

Anonymous said...

Everything is impeccably done! Love it! What is the paint color of the powder room? Its the perfect shade of gray!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love the herringbone tile in first images....fab!

Unknown said...

OMG, Erin!! I love it all, especially your tile and lighting selections. I adore your style!

Design Candy said...

I love what you are doing here!! Amazing, amazing. Great inspiration. If I lived closer I would hire you in a second!! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Anonymous said...

This is REALLY FABULOUS WORK!! Go girl!

Rachel said...

These are to die for!! I'm loving the moroccan backsplash! Oh and those cabbys!!! just going to pick up my jaw now, and wipe the keyboard and remove my drool!!

Jenn said...

Love love love the herringbone tile!

The Goods Design said...

Look fantastic. Your client must be over the moon!!

Amy said...

I love the herringbone tile! What color light blue is that? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

amazing, stunning, love it!!!
the space reminds me of a place I love and want to go back back:http://www.casablancabyb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=4
its a hotel in Cartagena, built from a XVIII century house its gorgeous!

alison giese Interiors said...

Now THAT is some serious design eye candy! I think I passed out when I saw the Moroccan tile backsplash (whoa, what just happened? ;)

Some killer style goin' on there, sista!

Hello Lover... said...

For starters - Awesome, I'm obsessed and cannot wait to see more! Second, I love the moroccan backsplash - is this also an ann sacks design? If not would you mind sharing?! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! It really looks completely amazing.

I love, love, love the wallpaper in the bathroom. I can't wait to see more picture.

Design Actually said...

The powder room is to die for! Everything looks fantastic, can I live there???

Fargerike Dagny said...

Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see it finished! The Moroccan tiles are to die for!

Colettes Cottage said...

Soooo happy you're letting us see your work- I've been dying to see your projects ever since I fell in love with your house in the Boston Globe magazine!
Keep the pictures coming- can't wait to see the finished products.

Sarah Ring said...

I DIE, I DIE, I DIE!!! These are so LOVELY Erin! Oh my goodness... I think my heart skipped a beat or two between those tile backsplashes. Head over heels in LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is just breathtaking. That herringbone tile is insane. Could you come over to Seattle and help me with my home? We have lots of coffee and salmon, lol.

Great job! I can't wait to see the kiddies room!

meg manion silliker said...

beautiful. when can i move in? can't wait to see the children's rooms.....!

Erin said...

Umm....SWOOOOOOON! That backsplash. That bathroom. That kitchen. TO. DIE. FOR. Erin, you are unbelievably talented. Can't wait to see pictures of the kiddies rooms! I beg you to please, please, please post more pictures of your amazing work!

Peck Avenue said...

I cannot get over that herringbone tile - the scale, the colors, sooooo perfect!

Averill said...

Thanks for sharing! These photos are simply stunning -- I am completely in love with that herringbone tile.

Down Pillow said...

Wow, some beautiful design work :) I'm totally LOVING the chevron tiling.

Yansy said...

Amazing! I love everything, you have such a great eye for design. I can't wait to see more.

SimplyGrove said...

Looks great!!!!! xx

Heidi Lyn said...

I just discovered your blog and I've never seen an interior design blog that resonates so well with my personal taste. Gorgeous work. . .I love it.

susie q said...

I cannot get over how stunning the herringbone tile is! Wow!

Britt said...

These spaces are gorgeous! I love your style. I can't wait to see the kids' rooms (and more of your work)!

annechovie said...

I love your style, Erin. Very tasteful, classic and inventive. Those herringbone and Moroccan window tiles are amazing!

Nan said...

THUMBS UP, COME DO MY HOUSE!

Katie said...

Oh my God, thank you so much for showing us this project! Your work is AMAZING! You should be really proud of this!! I love all the tile work in the house... the herringbone, the Morrocan tiles... if I had those in my house, I would never leave it. Hell, if my PANTRY looked like that, I would never leave that room!!

Domicile Tendencies said...

Looks awesome - great job! Love the tile and wallpaper choices.

Annmarie said...

GOR. GEOUS.

ZenadiaDesign said...

Love!! Erin you are so talented and I love seeing you work! So inspiring.

simply seleta said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You are officially a design goddess.

Smitten Design said...

Wow- your client must be so thrilled to have such a wonderful designer. I love that moroccan backsplash.

Pink Wallpaper said...

WOW! insane.....love the herribone tile, the katie ridder wallpaper might have just moved to my favorite! why were you holding out on us for so long?

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!
Where did you find that tile? I immediately started searching, but am having a hard time finding. A lot of more rustic tiles will come up. I'm dying for those tiles.
Thanks!

KatyO! said...

you did such a great job! It looks fantastic. I love the tile choices in all the rooms. Where is that morrocan style tile from?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin