/* Redirect */

9.23.2009

The Art of Amanda Talley.




I've been a big fan of New Orleans painter Amanda Stone Talley's artwork for a long time now, after seeing it on other blogs. This morning I just saw her adorable bedroom posted on All the Best's Bedroom Contest and it reminded me that I have yet to post about her! Loving the green and white pillows and bedskirt!
Her work has such great feeling and energy, and as I've said before- adding something abstract to an otherwise traditional room is a gorgeous way to make it look unexpected and finished!




If you want to see even more,Bayou Contessa did a great studio tour with here here!

13 comments:

Courtney said...

Her bedroom is absolute perfection!!! Love her paintings.

Things That Inspire said...

I just bought one of her paintings yesterday...I can't wait until it arrives in Atlanta!

Erin Gates said...

LUCKY YOU!!!

Mimi said...

Love Amanda Talley's art work..I just read about her a couple of days ago..
I really like the painting over the mantle..wish I could purchase one too..

Amanda Stone Talley said...

Thank you so much for your fabulous post! It was so nice to wake up to- I guess you get up early...! I love the collage of artwork that you selected. Love Love Love your blog!

Jessthefiestymuppetwillfindyou said...

Amanda Talley's art is gorgeous!

Erin, you had posted a while back about the Fort Point area, there are open studios going on there the weekend of Oct 17-18 (Fort Point Arts Community). You should check it our b/c not only will you be able to view how everyone in the building decorates & designs their studios you will have a chance to view all the art that the artisits work on! Thought it might be something you'd like :)

Love your blog!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I met her in NOLA this summer and she is so talented and sweet. Her paintings are some of my favorites!

Chic Coles said...

Amanda is so talented, not to mention such a nice person! A few of my friends have her paintings and they are just stunning hanging in their interiors. Her studio on Magazine Street is definitely a destination for anyone in New Orleans.

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I love her room and her work! Wish I could get my hands on one of her pieces :)

vicki archer said...

Wonderful paintings...xv

stewart and james said...

LOVE her bedroom! i have the same pillows on my sofa - love. them. and i think erika has one of her painting's in Sloane's room... bout to go check and see

-a

mb said...

Great post about Amanda Talley. I like her work and her blog. She used Lee Krasner (or is it Krazner) as inspiration in a recent blog post... made me like Amanda's paintings even more.

... influences of Brice Marden's work too?

Amanda is talented and hardworking.

Down Pillow said...

Very cool art pieces - love all the movement in them :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin