/* Redirect */

8.05.2009

Good Things Come in Small NYC Apartments...


I have always loved anything when done in miniature. Mini candy bars, mini art supplies, mini dogs, mini furniture, Mini cars. So it's no surprise that I love tiny, cozy spaces. This NYC apartment, at 350 square feet, is certainly cozy- but it's practically a greenhouse situated on top of a building for heaven's sake! It feels a little like an aviary for the lovely, gorgeous Barney's-working inhabitant, Mary Biosic. I want to curl up with a book and cup of tea from Tea & Sympathy (which happens to be downstairs) by the windows and never leave. Why is it that small, city spaces like this feel so romantic and charming?


*le sigh*

12 comments:

e.e. said...

what an absolutely great use of space. i love small spaces too because they force you to get really creative, but practical at the same time.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Wow - I can't imagine living in a space half the size of my old apartment, but somehow this looks doable. It must be the high ceilings and all that natural light, which keeps it from seeming claustrophobic.

Tricia said...

Amazing- is she really climbing a ladder to her loftish bedroom? I love it!

Anonymous said...

She has done an amazing job with this small space! Love her use of white and light wood to make for a very open space.

Same New Story said...

soo cool. i wish i could make my tiny space look like that!

Yansy said...

I love this space as well. I think what works for me the most is all the big windows and the natural light.

Erika Ward said...

This reminds me of your "Super Small Cool" post. I used to live in a 525 sqft condo in Midtown Atlanta and thought my place was small. I agree with Laura, the high ceilings and natural light does wonders for such a small space.

Peck Avenue said...

i love to see someone make a tiny space look so good - all of the natural light from those amazing windows make the space seem so much more open, and the little bedroom loft space is so clever. nice find!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

All the windows are incredible. I am with you, I find small spaces so charming; almost safe.

Sarah M. Winchester said...

Oh my gosh. How cool is this woman. darling apartment, job at Barney's, to die for leather jacket. So jelly!

sarah said...

Ugh. This space makes me incredibly jealous.

Down Pillow said...

It's a really adorable place, but I just don't think I could do 350 square feet.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin